In this article, we will explore the top 20 biggest stadiums in Africa, showcasing their impressive sizes and revealing the staggering capacities that make them pillars of sporting spectacles.
Africa, a continent teeming with vibrant sports cultures, boasts an array of awe-inspiring stadiums that serve as epicenters for sporting events and passionate gatherings of fans.
In this comprehensive compilation, we will take an exhilarating journey through the 20 largest stadiums in Africa. We will also unravel their captivating histories, architectural marvels, and staggering capacities that have witnessed the roaring cheers and thunderous applause of millions.
From the iconic football arenas to multipurpose stadiums hosting a variety of athletic disciplines, get ready to be enthralled by the immense scale and remarkable capacities of these monumental structures.
List of 20 Biggest Stadiums in Africa and their Capacity
1. FNB Stadium 94,736, Johannesburg, South Africa
2. Borg El Arab Stadium 86,000, Alexandria, Egypt
3. Stade 5 Juillet 1962 85,000, Algiers, Algeria
4. Stade des Martyrs 80,000, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
5. Cairo International Stadium 75,000 Cairo, Egypt
6. Stade Mohamed V 67,000, Casablanca, Morocco
7. Tripoli International Stadium 65,000, Tripoli, Libya
8. Mogadishu Stadium, 65,000 , Mogadishu, Somalia
9. Ellis Park Stadium 62,567, Johannesburg, South Africa