In Kenya, purchasing KPLC tokens to recharge prepaid electricity meters is straightforward. KPLC offers various convenient methods to acquire tokens, ensuring a continuous and hassle-free electricity supply.
This article will explore the three primary methods to buy KPLC tokens and highlight the steps involved in each process.
1. Using KPLC USSD code *977#
The KPLC USSD code *977# provides a quick and easy way to buy electricity tokens directly from your mobile phone. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use this method:
- *Dial 977#: Dial the KPLC USSD code *977# on your mobile phone.
- Enter Account Details: Follow the on-screen prompts to accurately enter your KPLC account number and other necessary details.
- Select “Buy Tokens”: From the menu options presented, select the “Buy Tokens” or “Purchase Electricity” option.
- Enter the Number of Units: Specify the number of electricity units (tokens) you want to purchase for your prepaid meter.
- Choose Payment Method: Select your preferred payment method, usually mobile money services like M-Pesa.
- Confirm Transaction: Verify the transaction details and follow any additional instructions provided on the screen.
- Payment: Complete the payment process through your mobile money account.
- Receive Token Code: After a successful payment, you will receive a confirmation SMS containing the purchased token code.
- Load the Token: Enter the token code into your prepaid meter to load the electricity units, and your meter will be credited accordingly.
2. Via KPLC Paybill Number 888880
Another popular method to purchase KPLC tokens is through the M-Pesa Pay Bill service. Here’s a step-by-step guide for this method:
- Access M-Pesa Menu: Go to the M-Pesa menu on your mobile phone.
- Select “Lipa na M-Pesa”: Choose the “Lipa na M-Pesa” option from the menu.
- Choose “Pay Bill”: Select the “Pay Bill” option to initiate a payment to KPLC.
- Enter Paybill Number: Enter KPLC’s Lipa na M-Pesa Pay Bill number: 888880.
- Account Number: Input your KPLC account number as the account number for the transaction.
- Enter Amount: Specify how much you wish to purchase electricity units with.
- Confirm and Enter PIN: Verify the transaction details and enter your M-Pesa PIN to authorize the payment.
- Confirmation SMS: Upon successful payment, you will receive a confirmation SMS with the purchased token code.
- Load the Token: Enter the token code into your prepaid meter to redeem the purchased electricity units.
3. Buy KPLC Tokens Through an Authorized Bank
For those who prefer traditional methods, purchasing KPLC tokens is also possible through various authorized banks. Here’s a guide on how to do it:
- Visit an Authorized Bank: Head to any authorized bank that provides KPLC token vending services.
- Provide Account Details: Inform the bank teller that you want to purchase KPLC tokens and provide your KPLC account number.
- Specify Amount: State the number of electricity units you wish to buy.
- Make the Payment: Complete the payment at the bank teller, and you will receive a receipt with the token code printed on it.
- Load the Token: Enter the token code into your prepaid meter to credit the purchased electricity units to your meter.
Alternatively, you can buy the KPLC tokens using PayBill numbers and USSD codes of various banks. See the examples below.
How to Buy Kenya Power KPLC Tokens via Equity Bank
- Via Equity Bank Ussd code *247# and follow the prompts
- Using Equity Online Mobile App
- Via Equitel Line
How to Buy Kenya Power KPLC tokens via KCB Bank
- Using KCB USSD Code *522#
- From a Vooma wallet using *522#
- From a KCB Bank account using the KCB App
Final Thoughts: How to Buy KPLC Tokens
Kenyan electricity consumers can conveniently acquire KPLC tokens using these three methods to ensure an uninterrupted power supply. Whether through the KPLC USSD code *977#, the KPLC paybill number 888880, or authorized banks, purchasing tokens has been made more accessible and user-friendly.
Remember to adapt the instructions based on the most up-to-date information from KPLC and consult their official website or customer service for any changes or clarifications.